Wednesday, March 5, 2008

woe is claire.

poor, poor claire stubbed her toe. she has always had a dramatic flair, and this instance was no different. i carried her balled up body to the couch, kissed her tiny toe and went to get her some ice. when i returned her eyes seemed to be shutting involuntarily (probably from the pain and that darn genetic drama gene!) i smoothed back her hair and asked if she would be all right. she answers, she thought that she would, but she may be unable to attend school next week monday. (followed by a weak whimper) then she says that when she thinks of treats it makes her toe feel happier and that if she could EAT a treat...it would be better for sure. i hand her the treat of her choice (for medicinal purposes, of course.) and she walks away saying...."it will probably hurt again at bedtime, so tell dad that when i cry- he can't put my monkey on timeout." at least she thinks ahead. way to cover all of your bases, claire!

2 comments:

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

Your girls are very creative! Reminds me of when I would fake sick so I could stay home from school. I really only did this once I think, and Emily knew I was lying, but my mom believed me! :)

Emily said...

I'm laughing so hard at that cutie!

Yes, I did know you were lying Stace, but I got in trouble for saying you were faking it. The world is not fair to older sisters b/c moms are always saying "she is too little to make that up", when it is NOT true.