Tuesday, March 18, 2008

inappropriate behavior

yesterday, while the girls and i were driving in the car- i decided to go for a giggle. we were listening to the high school musical soundtrack and the song "get your head in the game" came on. i started singing "gotta get your nose in the game" or "get your foot in the game". at first lauren was beside herself trying to correct me....but then she started to giggle. running out of body parts to "get in the game" i sang "gotta get your biscuits in the game". claire coldly stares at me and says "mom!..that is inappropriate" and then averts her eyes out the window, as though she was so disappointed in me that she could not maintain eye contact. the emotional lashing(3 year old style) was so intense that i turned a bit red in the cheeks. the van fell silent and all that loomed in the air were my dirty lyrics. lesson learned. my apologies, girls, for filling your delicate ears with such filth. biscuits are now banned from my vocabulary.

8 comments:

Be the Good said...

It's sad when children have to learn the hard way who their parents really are. For shame.

hartcentral said...

keep your mouth closed and get your trash out of my yard...i was going to let it go but sometimes you need to stop the rudeness.

Be the Good said...

Sorry...this whole time we thought we were living next to the dump! Our mistake!

hartcentral said...

gawl. jeeez. what were those 3 steps you consider before speaking??

Be the Good said...

They are: Will it make her cry? Will it make her stop talking? And IS IT TRUE?

hartcentral said...

ridiculously mean.

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

Oh my goodness, this is the most hilarious post! And now that I am reading the comments, I am laughing all over again!

Jen said...

its nice to know that I am not the only parent that gets correted by their 3 year olds