Tuesday, May 13, 2008

three 4 year olds...

happy, happy birthday to my beautiful, non- toddler girls. we have come so far in 4 years and at times i could not even imagine arriving at this point. three very different personalities, voices and looks all from the same, over sized belly.

emma rose (baby a) was the first to arrive at 3:17 pm. she weighed in at 5 lb. 4 oz. she had the least amount of hair of the 3 (emma, emma hair- dilemma). the whole birth ordeal made her a little sad and a little angry.

claire elisabeth (baby b) was the second one out. she followed behind emma by only 1 minute. as the sister squished between her 2 sisters, she was the smallest. she weighed in at 4 lb. 12 oz. and had a mop of dark black hair. her head was so tiny, it looked like a tennis ball.

lauren elise liked the room she gained when her sisters vacated the uterus, so she went hiding under my ribs. the dr. had to climb on the operating table to pull that little girl out. (which involved a frightening amount of reaming on my stomach and him commenting that i will definitely be sore now.) she finally came out at 3:21 pm. she had been sitting on top of the others and she weighed the most. lauren topped the scales at 5 lb. 9 oz. she had these enormous eyes...my sister called her a yard gnome.

since birth, claire has always been the smallest/shortest and lauren the biggest/tallest and emma right in the middle. we have had some long days and some long nights, but when i recall how i was feeling 4 years ago.....terrified about them being okay, overwhelmed about going from 1 child to 4, exhausted from a very hard pregnancy.....we are certainly blessed.

i hope the next 4 years don't go as fast as these last 4 have. i hope they continue to develop their unique personalities. i hope my stretch marks will magically disappear. i hope we can survive 4 teenage girls someday.....

here are some pics of our journey so far....

9 comments:

The Sloterbeeks said...

Happy Birthday girls!

Jen said...

What an awesome post. I loved seeing all the pictures. It gives me hope that we too will be there some day soon (but hopefully not too soon).

mckeefamily03 said...

WOW! What a journey! Thanks for sharing the story! It is so neat to read and to see all the pictures! You have such a beautiful family!

Jim said...

What beautiful, funny girls. I'm all weepy. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you this summer!

Becki

Unknown said...

Pics were great! It's funny, you could almost see the girls start to look like they are now so quickly.

Unknown said...

Hi... it's kels :) (i'm using Kyle's email though) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures. It makes me a little sniffily though. I can't believe how fast they have grown up. I still remember when they were tiny tiny babies just home from the hospital and all the wonderful memories I have watching them grow up. I love you all so much and thanks for letting me be part of your family!!

kate said...

Lindsay-
So I was going through a friends bolg and from there I ended up finding yours.. This is Kate (Wierenga) Dennis... how in the world are you doing? Well I see that you are super busy with 4 adoralbe girls. I had heard you had triplets... they are so cute. I can't believe that you did not come to the class reunion.. I was hoping that you were going to be there. I will tell you about it sometime... I would love to see you sometime. It was great to see you are doing so good. Miss you...
Kate

hartcentral said...

hi kate...glad you said hello!! it has been a long time, i hope you are doing well!!

Jen said...

glad to see you back in blogsville. I was beginning to worry.